Program At a Glance
A intensive 6-day program that joins the power of experiential learning with peacebuilding practice.
April 17 – 22, 2017
The Training will be delivered in English with some Spanish to English translation available.
Individuals and organizations engaged in work with youth, community development, leadership, conflict/violence prevention and related fields, who seek new ideas and creative approaches to develop their own leadership, engage with their communities, and connect with others working on similar themes.
• To explore and understand Experiential Peacebuilding and how it is currently being used.
• To increase and develop participants’ Experiential Peacebuilding activity toolkit.
• To connect and build partnerships with individuals who are interested in Experiential Peacebuilding.
• Cultivate compassionate leaders committed to positive social change.
• Understand theories and research to support Experiential Peacebuilding
• Recognize the connections between peace, environment and conflict
• Understand how knowledge of the self is integral in experiential peacebuilding work.
• Challenge cultural assumptions and deepen understanding of the other.
• Explore conflict as an opportunity for learning and creative response.
Registration details to follow.