We are currently seeking fall 2017 interns!
Interns join a small, dynamic team and are able to engage in a number of fun, hands-on projects. Apply today!
“The OBCP is an organization which provides a strong platform for one’s voice to be heard. I’ve had multiple opportunities to express my personal ideas and views and incorporate them into my work. Very friendly work environment.”
– Former Intern
Program and Communications Internships
Outward Bound Peacebuilding is seeking full-time and part-time interns who will join a small, dynamic team and are able to engage in a number of fun, hands-on projects. The interns will work directly with senior staff on the organization’s programs, development, outreach and communications strategies in our New York office. This internship would be excellent for a student or recent graduate interested in gaining hands-on experience with working in a small, dynamic non-profit. Apply today!
Internships are offered during the following time periods. We welcome longer commitments than the below minimums.
Fall: September through December
Spring: January through April
Summer: May through August
Responsibilities may include:
- – Conducting research and/or adding to current documents related to program development
- – Providing logistical support for programs such as coordinating with our partner(s) in various global regions and working with our partner Outward Bound Schools
- – Providing support to our program admissions process and participant communications
- – Assisting with the day-to-day administrative needs, including database entry and organizing documents and files
- – Supporting Program staff
- – Supporting fundraising activities, including researching foundations and corporations – you will receive training in Foundation Center and Guidestar (two of the leading databases for grants research).
- – Assist in the development of Letters of Inquiry (LOI) and grant proposals
- – Identify key outcomes and success stories from programs and develop ways to share that information with stakeholders
- – Supporting the implementation of current social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc)
- – Help to gather and organize alumni updates and mini-profiles for distribution via website and social media
- – Assisting with event and meeting logistics, guest lists, and invitations
- – Identifying and participating in outreach opportunities in the NYC area
- – Preparing materials to be distributed at events, such as flyers and outreach material
- – Assisting with the day-to-day administrative needs, including working with the database and organizing files
- – Interest in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, international affairs, and/or experiential education
- – Experience in working in an office environment
- – Commitment of at least 15-20 hours per week to work on-site at our Long Island City, NY office
- – Basic computer and internet proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office, G Suite, and social media platforms
- – Organized, detail-oriented, and strong time-management skills
- – Ability to both work independently and as part of a team
- – Effective verbal, writing, and communication skills
- – Creative problem solver and open to collaboration with team members
We can provide a modest travel stipend for full-time interns (32+ hours/week).
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kristine[at]outwardboundpeace.org with the subject “Internship”. In your cover letter, please state the period in which you wish to intern (fall, spring, or summer) and how many hours per week you can dedicate to working on-site at our Long Island City, NY office.
No phone inquiries please.