We are still seeking spring interns to start working immediately through May!
Interns join a small, dynamic team and are able to engage in a number of fun, hands-on projects. Apply today!
“The OBCP is an organization which provides a strong platform for one’s voice to be heard. I’ve had multiple opportunities to express my personal ideas and views and incorporate them into my work. Very friendly work environment.”
– Former Intern
Outward Bound Peacebuilding is seeking full-time and part-time interns who will join a small, dynamic team and are able to engage in a number of fun, hands-on projects. The interns will work directly with senior staff on the organization’s programs, development, outreach and communications strategies in our New York office. This internship would be excellent for a student or recent graduate interested in gaining hands-on experience with working in a small, dynamic non-profit. Apply today!
Internships are offered during the following time periods. We welcome longer commitments than the below minimums.
Fall: September through December
Spring: January through April
Summer: May through August
Responsibilities may include:
- – Conducting research and/or adding to current documents related to program development
- – Providing logistical support for programs such as coordinating with our partner(s) in various global regions and working with our partner Outward Bound Schools
- – Providing support to our program admissions process and participant communications
- – Assisting with the day-to-day administrative needs, including database entry and organizing documents and files
- – Supporting Program staff
Outreach and Communications:
- – Supporting fundraising activities, including researching foundations and corporations – you will receive training in Foundation Center and Guidestar (two of the leading databases for grants research).
- – Assist in the development of Letters of Inquiry (LOI) and grant proposals
- – Identify key outcomes and success stories from programs and develop ways to share that information with stakeholders
- – Supporting the implementation of current social media strategy (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc)
- – Help to gather and organize alumni updates and mini-profiles for distribution via website and social media
- – Assisting with event and meeting logistics, guest lists, and invitations
- – Identifying and participating in outreach opportunities in the NYC area
- – Preparing materials to be distributed at events, such as flyers and outreach material
- – Assisting with the day-to-day administrative needs, including working with the database and organizing files
- – Interest in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, international affairs, and/or experiential education
- – Experience in working in an office environment
- – Commitment of at least 15-20 hours per week to work on-site at our Long Island City, NY office
- – Basic computer and internet proficiency, especially with Microsoft Office, G Suite, and social media platforms
- – Organized, detail-oriented, and strong time-management skills
- – Ability to both work independently and as part of a team
- – Effective verbal, writing, and communication skills
- – Creative problem solver and open to collaboration with team members
We can provide a modest travel stipend for full-time interns (32+ hours/week).
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kristine[at]outwardboundpeace.org with the subject “Internship”.
No phone inquiries please.